How did this happen? We leave in exactly 6 days. Time has gone by too fast. It's funny how if this were a vacation, I would be wishing the days away. Now they are going dreadfully fast and I want to throw the breaks on immediately.
Don't get me wrong, somewhere among the feelings of fear and anxiety, there is excitement and confidence. I just struggle to find it right now.
It seems like it was just yesterday that my husband semi jokingly asked me how I would feel about moving to Ohio...to which I said, "Sure" without a thought that it could happen.
Things have been a little crazy with the houses and I have so much more to share when life slows down. The short of it...
Our current house is under contract. We have made it through our now second inspection. We are waiting on the appraisal process. I am convinced that inspections and appraisals are similar to colonoscopies. A colonoscopy may contain less poop! I digress. Provided there are no problems on the buyer's end of things, we should close on this house in May.
We are moving to our new house next week. We should be excited, but instead are furious. The current owners have trashed the house. This caused their appraisal to be approximately $8000 below purchase price. Since we are now in a time crunch and because we passionately believe this house to be the right one, we are taking it anyway. Yes, that means another huge chunk of money out of our pockets that we weren't expecting.
So, next Wednesday, we should be signing on our new house and promptly become flat broke! We will have two days to clean before our things arrive. We will need it. Starting our life in Ohio broke and with a potential lawsuit isn't exactly how we envisioned this process ending.
The silver lining of it all is that we have put concentrated time, discussion and prayer into this decision. We have bathed this entire process with prayer, as have so many of our friends. We have seen God's hand all over the place. It is because of that, we can have comfort that God is still in control and will still take care of us.
I know my faith has grown by leaps and bounds through this and I've recently seen a spark in my husband's life as well.
Starting tomorrow, we don't really slow down for...well...probably until our things are unpacked in Ohio.
Please join us in praying for all the details of this season. The close of our house. The travel. The transition. The finances. For us to find a church home.

No comments:
Post a Comment