I can't believe another month has just flown by so fast.
Several important things took place in the past 30-45 days.
We took our first weekend get away trip to Tennessee at the beginning of March. I am so glad we did. It was a much needed time away. We shared it with friends who were going through some high stress with house selling and buying. We did have one hiccup of having sick dogs from a new food. They typically don't have problems with food switches that are short term. However, we dealt with lots and lots of pooping and puking for about a week.
Earlier in the month, my only living grandpa had a heart attack. He ended up having six bypasses and is currently doing well at home. He had a great recovery. That probably deserves a post all of it's own because there was a lot of stuff that came out of that time and communicating with secondary family members.
I continue to not have any contact with my family. That too deserves a post of it's own. I see through social media that my nephew is getting ready to graduate and head to college. I also have a niece who should be doing the same, but I don't really know.
We finally, just last week, finalized our settlement with the moving company. What a mess! That's about all I can say. We've never had a flawless move and don't believe that ever happens. But this one, it has been the worst. Our settlement was nearly $5000 and there weren't too many items over $40 that were a complete loss. That's kind of an indication of just how much stuff was damaged. Lots! I should probably write a post about all the things to do and not do in a move and how to handle the damage claim part of it.
We continue to fight with the builder over our fireplace. It still isn't right. Sadly, it's probably 7-8 on the list of major things wrong with the house. We still have to deal with everything else in due time. It doesn't look like the grass is coming in very well either, although we are still very much in winter. Our back yard is a constant mud puddle and thus, so is our house. The dogs just bring so much in! The builder has made it to where water run off and rain from every house on our block runs right into our back yard. Ugh! We will be getting a professional in soon to lay some rock paths to allow the water flow without it just being a muddy river. I'm not sure we would ever want to buy a brand new house again.
This past weekend was Easter. We spent most of the long weekend on the go. It was all good though. It was great to have the time together. We visited a church yesterday where the pastor was awesome, but the drive distance is not. Church hasn't been high on my priority list, but again, that's probably another post all of it's own.

No comments:
Post a Comment