Sunday, March 21, 2010

Road to Salvation, Part 6

Never going back to church again would remain true for me until I began the process of getting married. I chose to take as much God out of my wedding vows and was never comfortable with being married in a church. Being married in a church was again something I did only to appease my future husband and his parents.


Each of these experiences were on my checklist of reasons why I would never believe in God. Yes, it was a checklist that I firmly believed kept me safe from ever having to change the way I thought about God or church.

The sermons on Proverbs came to an end, but the stirring inside of me was just beginning. The pastor talked directly to me from the pulpit every week, but I knew he could never get me to change my thoughts on God. Even though it was completely out of character for me to meet with a strange man, I had the need to meet with the pastor. I wanted an opportunity to explain why I could never believe in God.

I scheduled a time to meet with him and was ready to tell him why I felt God didn’t fit in my life. I was willing to listen to what he had to say, but was prepared to stand my ground. I had a solid case to not believe in God, so what could he ever say to change my mind?

Nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment