I have two thoughts swirling around in my head that are very different yet lead to the same alone feeling at the end of the day.
In all ways and all times, we are fully exposed to God. We never escape and are never hidden. That is one of the fundamental truths from the Bible that I have been taught and hold onto. Whether I am angry or happy, sin or forgive others, God knows. He knows when I don't understand and He knows when I do but make the wrong choice anyway. He knows all about me, even the intricate details of my life that others don't know. He knows! I have nothing to hide from God.
I also believe this to be true for everyone. If God knows each hair on your head, then He certainly knows the intricate details of your life too.
With that said.....I'll give you something to ponder. If God knows each of those details, why are we so afraid and ashamed of them?
When it comes to difficult and intimate details of our life, we tend to hold those things close....too close. And, why? Because we fear judgement and are ashamed. Why does it have to be that way? Because we are too busy and live with too much fear to allow ourselves to get involved in the darkest, ugliest parts of each others lives. BUT WHY??????
When we don't share who we are, good and bad, with others, then we live with aloneness. If we don't allow ourselves to get involved in other's lives, don't we live in a certain level of aloneness? I believe we do.
That's where I sit with most everyone, alone!
I heard a comment in a Sunday School class this week about how we tend to get involved in each other's lives only when there is an illness or job loss. I've seen this and lived this. But what about all the life that happens in between those times?
Isn't it a good thing God isn't like that? Aren't we supposed to be more like God and less like the world?

No comments:
Post a Comment