This probably won't sound like any other Christian on Easter Sunday, but then again...normal just doesn't seem to fit me.
As my friends flood facebook with comments of praise for a Savior who has risen, I find myself asking why?
It isn't that I don't understand the importance of the resurrection of Christ. If Christ hadn't lived a sinless life, been sacrificed and resurrected, the bible would be only a story book carried through the ages and the idea of salvation would be just that. So in case you are wondering, yes, I do believe in Christ and His life, death and resurrection.
What I struggle with is that so many of my Christian counterparts only celebrate this one day a year. I have a similar thought about Christmas. The birth of our Savior is celebrated by many on Christmas day and that day only.
If you look at the the entire life span of Christ, including how He exists in your current day life, then don't you have to consider birth, sinless life, sacrificed by death on the cross and resurrection? Isn't THAT exactly what every aspect of being a Christian and salvation ultimately comes back to?
It is the entire life of Christ that makes our security in heaven possible. The ENTIRE life of Christ is what Christians place all their hope in.
Each day you have breath; every time you are thankful for any blessing; whenever you pray; shouldn't you be filled with remembrance of Christ's entire life?
For as much as I struggle with prayer and understanding faith, I can honestly say that the gift that Christ's life is to me is never overlooked when I consider salvation. I don't need Christmas to remind me to be thankful for the birth of Christ. I don't need Good Friday to remind me of the horrific death Christ endured because of sin, my sin. I don't need Easter to remind me how wonderful it is that Christ conquered death.
All of our religious holidays could be wiped off the calendar and I would still know, believe and be thankful for Christ's life.
I'm not saying that I don't appreciate today and the enthusiasm I see in my Christian friends. What I am saying is that their excitement over the life, death and resurrection of Christ should permeate their lives each day of the year instead of being confined by a calendar.

No comments:
Post a Comment