I'm guessing most anyone reading this is also old enough to drive. I'm also guessing that it is something most people take for granted.
I know, it's an easy thing to do. I've said it before, but driving is one of the things I miss the most.
Not being able to drive when I want or need to leaves me feeling absolutely trapped most of the time.
It is sort of like being that age of almost old enough to drive and all of your friends are already driving. Or that time in life when all your friends had cars, but you hadn't gotten one yet.
So that I clear this up early for anyone who may not have read any previous comments about driving, I do know how to drive. I didn't lose my license for any reason, in fact I've never had so much as a speeding ticket. It is the disorder I deal with and chronic insomnia that prevent me from driving.
I'm feeling especially trapped lately by my inability to drive.
It isn't that I'm not appreciative of those who have helped me out at times by giving me rides different places. However, lately, I only have my husband and one other extremely busy person who help with any sort of consistency. I'm completely at their mercy, when and where is convenient for them.
I want to be able to go. I want to be able to do my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, which nobody has time to take me to on any regular basis. I want to shop sales that fall only on one day of the week. I want to be able to go get my hair cut any time besides 8 pm. I want to not have to wait two weeks for allergy pills.
Honestly, I've had people think I am angry or emotional or just plain pissy at times. I'm telling you, a lot of it is related to this issue. It sucks not being able to go like everyone around you.
There are so many days that I do feel like that teenager again...."I just want to do what my friends are doing."

No comments:
Post a Comment