In all my sleeplessness, I've had my eyes opened to a whole other world of after hours television programming. But on occasion, I find something that catches my interest. After listening to Pastor Ryan give a very moving sermon on faith last Sunday, I was anxious to hear the interview last night on Nightline with President Bush on his "Unshaken Faith."
President Bush's Unshaken Faith
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6422409
The interview is a little over 11 minutes long. At about 8 minutes into the interview, President Bush is asked about his belief in the bible. His response about the bible being true, which was a "probably not" left me shock. He goes on to say that you can have faith in God but believe in evolution. As a newer christian, I was left wondering how that works. Is it not the bible that tells us who God is? Is it not the bible that explains creation? How can you have it both ways? What exactly is the object of your faith if you believe the bible is only a collection of good stories that you can get a lot from?
I hope you will take the time to watch the interview. I've heard it said many times over the past eight years that our President Bush was a strong christian. While I am not questioning his belief in God, I do question the message he sends which to me contradicts the "strong christian" label.

No comments:
Post a Comment