

Biblesta - A festival or celebration of the Bible.
At barely 2,000 citizens, my hometown of Humboldt, Kansas displays their love of Christianity with a day long celebration called Biblesta.
Biblesta has been held on the first Saturday of October for 51 years. The day is filled with entertainment for everyone.
One of the most unique parts of this celebration is a parade. The parade is filled with marching bands, Biblical floats, children and adults carrying scripture based banners and more. The floats all designed using scripture are worked on for months by churches and community groups.
Throughout the day, several musical groups perform a free concert. This year the main group will be 33Miles.
At the end of the celebration, the town holds a bean feed for citizens and visitors.
Next weekend will be the first time I have been to the parade in at least ten years and the first as a Christian. I'm looking forward to seeing the celebration in a new light. I'm looking forward to seeing 33 Miles in concert again. I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with a friend.
If you ever get a chance and won't mind a two hour trip, I would encourage you to attend just once. It is a unique experience that isn't found everyday or everywhere.
http://biblesta.com
http://www.iolaregister.com/Local%20News/Stories/Biblestacentersonfunpraise.html
Originally posted 9/28/08

No comments:
Post a Comment