I can barely believe that it is now 2011. Phew! At times, I thought 2010 would never end. There is a sense of starting fresh this year that I've never really felt.
Most of 2010 was a whirlwind of discovery that came with a lot of heartache. So, to say I am ready to start fresh with a new year is an understatement. Maybe it's not even starting fresh that is so important at this time but being able to know that an entire year is now behind me.
I could spend several blog posts sharing all that I've learned in the past year. But today, I'm looking at one thing that I've learned and am carrying forward to this year.
My life is complex and I have learned to crave simplicity. There is always so much going on around me and with me, that I constantly find myself placing more value on the things that are simple.
I love cooking and baking, but now I want the 3-5 ingredient recipes that make a delicious meal. It takes me months to read a book, but I now spend hours soaking up short articles in magazines.
My wonderful husband got me an ipad for Christmas. I have loaded every app I need to make my life as simple as possible. I even set here with my wireless keyboard, ipad and app writing this blog post.
With all the changes that 2010 brought about (and there were some pretty major changes), I think I like this change in me the most. I have finally learned to appreciate that things do not have to be complicated to be enjoyed or even perfect.
I could have never predicted a year ago that a change would take place in me so big that the most peaceful moments in my life would be as simple as enjoying a cup of coffee with a good magazine in a quiet coffee shop.
Thank God for changes that drive us to appreciate the simple things in life.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment