Isn't strange how your subconscious is clearly aware of something long before you are?
This weekend was miserable. My husband was in a bad mood, but so was I. My mood was already in a nose dive long before he admitted his own crabbiness. I had no clue why. The only thing I could come up with was knowing my weekly routine was going to be non-existent. And sure, that's always enough to cause problems for me.
As I listened to a commercial on the radio this afternoon, I realized this weekend there is a festival in town. I've seen the signs, but it just didn't register. It's a festival that we used to attend and have a great time.
Unfortunately, that brings my parents to town for several days this week. I can't go into details on his part of it because I would hate for anyone to be looking for them.
I purposely don't go to the town they live in and I hate it that they would ever come here. I also know in years past, my dad has taken advantage of the opportunity to harass me and generally cause me pain.
How do you prep for that? He knows what he's doing. He doesn't put himself in positions where he could get caught, so we have no grounds for an order of protection against him.
There's no way to prep. The disgust, anxiety and anger over it just has to ooze it's way out while I try to keep it all together. I would struggle with that even with my regular routine and support, but this year I'll have to do it alone.
This weekend starts a pattern of them being nearby several times a month until fall, but this is certainly the closest they get. Thankfully!
It's just not what I needed in an already difficult week.

No comments:
Post a Comment