Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Once in a While

Things are so much better for us here. Compared to last year, it's a completely different life for us. 

We are happier now. We both are starting to feel a little more connected to the community, church and friends. We are happier with each other and have learned to communicate better and depend more on each other. Mentally, we are both so much better. Physically, I am stronger. 

The move, health crisis, loss, aloneness, it all took a toll on us that we finally feel has lessened. 

But, once in a while, it all falls apart and we find ourselves feeling extremely alone again. 

Things are relatively normal, but we have a rough few months ahead of us. Starting today, we had the first of several medical appointments for my husband. He sees his back surgeon Friday and unfortunately, we expect a back surgery in the near future. I can't even think about that right now, partially because we have a lot prior to that. 

In the first few weeks of November, my husband will have an EKG and other tests prior to a hernia surgery the week of Thanksgiving. There are a couple complications with surgery that are a bit concerning for us. The surgery itself is for a larger than average sized hernia. Common for an experienced surgeon, but recovery could be longer. It's a little nerve wracking for me to have my husband out of commission for six weeks headed into winter. 

Although I'm not ready to go into it, he has another medical issue that is a lot concerning and will require testing. To do that, we must find a new PCP as our previous one dumped our insurance. I'm doing my best to not worry until there's something to worry about. However, there's already reason to worry given the symptoms. 

Those are pretty tough things to squeeze into two months. In addition, we will be traveling at Christmas and that is always stressful. Between medical bills and unexpected expenses, the next few months will be hard financially as well. 

When I look at all of this, I do feel alone. I feel like I'm carrying a lot by myself. My relationships seem to ebb and flow. I'm currently in one of those times when I'm fairly reclusive. Not by choice, but it's just a season. This is one of those times when I miss my previous support system. While that is beginning to organically develop here, it's not yet the same. That probably speaks more to my comfort level than anything. I still don't feel as though I'm at a place where I can reach out to people or ask for help. 

Through it all, I know Gods not leaving me. I'm not completely alone. As hard as it is at times, I know He still has a plan. I know He will provide everything we need and when we need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment