Yes!
The pastor spent the next hour sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with me.
God had loved me that much. He had sent his one and only son to die on the cross for me.
Before leaving the pastor’s office that day, I prayed along with the pastor and accepted Christ as my savior.
While I have spent the past few years trying to understand the enormity of the gift God has given us, I have never doubted what the pastor said to me that day.
Once God had used this pastor to help break the chains and soften my heart, my checklist became a real working document for me to learn from and allowed me to introduce a new truth to my life.
Never will I tell you that finding salvation has made my life easier. In fact, in many ways, it has become more difficult. I have learned that once you become a follower of Christ, Satan begins an intricate plan to draw you back.
Once I realized God grieved all that had happened to me, I had to begin the painful process of applying God’s truth to every one of those things and many more I was unaware of at the time.
I will be forever thankful that a wonderful pastor with no hidden agenda, no preconceived notions of changing me, followed a divine plan set for me by God and allowed himself to be used on my road to salvation.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

No comments:
Post a Comment