My life, when looking at a week long span, is at best described as a roller coaster. This would not be the way I would choose to live but is how I live because of circumstance.
There are times I am able to stomp on the brakes, coming to a screaching halt. But, mostly, my life is totally out of my control.
Lately, I have been identifying with Aaron Shusts song "To God Alone." He is saying, here I am...do what you want with because my life is not my own and I will give you (God) all the glory.
That is truly how I am learning to live every day. My life is not my own. I can try my best, but it doesn't belong to me. For those of you who know me, know that in an even more extensive way, my life is not my own. I am learning to allow God to take my life and trust that He will be sufficient in everything and everywhere.
When I became a Christian, I had nothing to hang onto in the rough times accept a God who's promises were all written and completely unknown to me. It was like getting on a bike for the first time and trying to trust that someone would catch you if you fell, even if you couldn't see them.
I've always been the kind of person who had to learn the hard way what was real and true. My Christian life hasn't proven to be any different. I once had someone tell me that as a new Christian, you have to use other people's experiences to hang onto God's promises in the bad times. That's easier said than done.
Finally, I have some real life God experience under my belt. It's a lot easier to trust that someone will catch you when you fall if you feel their hands guiding you.
Not to overshadow the past six months, but the last two weeks have been particularly tough for me. My roller coaster life took some quick turns and fell from the highest peaks to the lowest valleys.
Can You take me by the hand?
Can You use me as I am?
Break me into who You want me to be
When the time is finally right
Will You open up my eyes and show me everything You want me to see?
This life is not my own
To God alone be the Glory

No comments:
Post a Comment