I can't help but long for the days that when I went six days between posts it was because there was nothing going on in life.
Let's see. We put the house on the market one week ago exactly. On Wednesday, we had four showings get scheduled. After the last showing at 8:30, the dogs and I finally got to go home. The next day, two showings. We also found out that one of the potential buyers was very interested and possibly going to make an offer.
While I was ever so grateful for all of the showings, it was very exhausting. Having to be out of the house for 2 hours per showing and the cleaning that needed to be done prior to each one. Wow. I spent three days of running non stop. That Friday, there were no showings and I was bit glad. So were the dogs. They had spent hour upon hour hanging out in the car.
Late Thursday night, we received our first offer. A full price offer. The buyer wanted some property that we just couldn't give away, so we countered.
On Saturday, we had two more showings and were preparing for an open house. The buyer accepted our counter offer and the open house was cancelled. Whew!
What a whirlwind that was. I never thought we would be those people. You know, those people who sold their house in three days. I can't hardly believe how good God is to us, even in our doubt.
So now, we have to sweat out the inspection and appraisal. Oh yea, and that little problem of not having a place to live in Ohio yet.
Normally, I would be freaking about all of this. I'm stressed for sure, but I'm not freaking out. God has been so good to supply through all of this, that I am just not worried about being in control. There is so much to be worried about.
Probably the thing that stresses me more than anything is money. We have to sell a house we love and buy another house. My husband's company is not giving us hardly anything to move and nothing to compensate us. We are over $1000 short on the move and probably another $5000 short on what we need just to be able to buy another house. I know, $6000 may seem like a small amount, but not for us. It's scary. How do you trust God to provide financially in an amount that big? It feels like a million dollars to us. That's not even counting all the small things like the money it will take for us to travel to Ohio when we move or the money it will take to replace all the things we can't take in the way of food. Ugh, I can't hardly think about it.
So just a summary update:
The house is sold unless the buyer walks away.
We don't have a house yet, but are going to be in Ohio next week.
This week we have my niece and nephew.
We are very short on funds.
I think that sums it up. Lots to be thankful for and more to pray about. We have to be out of our house by April 30th. I am anxiously looking forward to May 2nd and preparing me for the sadness of April.

No comments:
Post a Comment