Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tummy Trouble

A couple weeks ago, I had my physical.  The first in probably 7 years with blood work and all.

I was scared.  Why wouldn't I be?

In addition, I had an ultrasound of my abdomen.

My ultrasound showed no stones and no enlargement of the organs.  Yay!  Sort of.  I started a new med for my stomach.  It is working for the most part.  I don't have the pain that I did.  If I miss a pill, I most certainly do have it.  So, I know there is something wrong.  It could be something as simple as an inflammation of my digestive system that will take time to heal.  Needless to say, I am still going through some meds and med changes with a hope of avoiding further and more invasive testing.

The really good news is that the results of my blood were all good or decent.  For someone who is overweight, I can't complain about the direction I am going.  My weight was down 31 lbs and my blood pressure was way down.  My cholesterols could both improve a little.  All other tests were within normal range and show no signs of infection or problems with any major organs.

All in all, I am happy with the results but will have to continue to stay on top of the stomach problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment