Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reconnection

My life has gone from a bit too slow to warp speed over the past several weeks.  Thankfully and sadly, it will go back to being too slow after the next week is over.

In the midst of the craziness, my husband and I decided to take a short trip.

It was just a few hours away to Branson.  However, it was a deep breath and break for us.

Between my crazy schedule and him working non-stop, we really hadn't gotten much of a chance to have a real conversation since summer.

We left the computers behind.  Muted the cell phones.  Put the family issues aside.  Really, just left the whole world behind us.

We had no schedule.  No plans.  We napped when we felt like it.  Ate whatever and whenever we wanted. 

In fact, it was cold and rainy half of our trip and just blustery cold the other half.  The weather phased us none at all.  Although, I LOVED the weather.  We even had freezing rain for an hour late one night. 

It was refreshing, relaxing and just flat out needed.

I don't think I had realized how badly we needed time to just be ourselves with each other and reconnect.  Yes, I think I crawled in the car with a stranger on Friday evening as we headed out. 

Not that we had been fighting or unhappy with each other, that wasn't it.  We had just gotten into a rut of not communicating because our only time to do so was 10-11 pm.  My husband wakes up between 3-4 am.  Conversations at 10 pm are useless.

It felt so good to have real conversation with him.  We got to laugh together too, something we hadn't done much of lately.

I don't think I knew how much I missed him.  Good grief, I don't think I knew how much you could miss someone when you live in the same house with them.

Whew...thankfully, I returned home on Monday with the husband I adore and not the stranger I left with Friday.  I really do love this man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment