Monday, October 29, 2012

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

We got married in 1998, long before the digital age we are in now.  So, I had to sit for four hours to scan negatives of my wedding photos to make them digital.  Not going to lie, it was pretty emotional.

If you've never read the post about my wedding, feel free.  It was a fiasco.  My pictures tell that story too.  It wasn't a very happy day, even though it should have been.

Of over 200 photos, there are only a few where you will find a true smile. 

I want to share one of the photos with you.

I'm not going to lie, this photo ignites frustration, hatred, anger, and pain in me unlike any other.

Notice, no smile for me.  I was miserable.  It should have been the happiest day of my life and it wasn't.

Sadly, you won't find a copy of this photo on facebook, in a frame, not even in my house.  This is the only time you'll ever see a photo of my parents anywhere.  Likely, you wouldn't find a picture of me in their house either since my mom only claims to have two sons.

Most of you reading this don't know my parents.  Let give you an idea of the kind of first impression they give people. 

My mom would come across very reserved and quiet.  She might even present herself as so painfully shy that she seems stand-offish.

My dad would come across pleasant and out-going.  He might find reference in something about you, leading to casual conversation that is at times endearing.

On the surface, neither of them would come across like the monsters I've shared about in other posts.  However, they would be one in the same.

This picture was taken a good 9-10 years before I would come to fully know and understand the depths of my horrific past.  But you can see even then, I was miserable, unhappy.

Yes, my parents are the epitome of wolves in sheep's clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment