We finally made it! I did fair, given I only slept two hours. I don't want to go into it now but spending the nigh with my in laws proved harder than I remember.
The kids did a marvelous job. It was the longest they had ever traveled in a car together. By the time we got to the end of the 9 hours, they were ready for some room to move and were a bit slap happy.
We grabbed breakfast at McDonalds this morning. Let me tell you, I am glad all of our lodging comes with free breakfast. That was just genius on my part. Our breakfast cost $2 more than our KFC lunch and the kids didn't get full.
After a few drink/bathroom stops and one refueling, we finally arrived at our hotel. We got a lovely two bedroom suite super cheap and super awesome. We took a few minutes of down time before going to eat dinner.
We took the kids to Chop House burger that we found last time we were here. Giant burgers, onion rings and brownies the size of your foot and I think they finally got full.
I think my niece is in the early stages of a cold. Ugh!!! I'm a total germaphobe! So we now have meds, tissues, and hand sanitizer.
I took the kids for a swim so my husband could get lots of rest. It's still 97 degrees and humid out. So the water felt great.
Maybe I'm learning a new respect for parents who travel with their kids. It's a lot more work than just the two of us.
I should probably call for lights out because we now only have 9 hours before we all have to be up again. But I'm either wanting to savor every last drop out of the day or I'm crazy exhausted.
Tomorrow the real fun begins. We will have a four hour drive tomorrow night, hopefully that goes well.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment