We woke up to snow again. I'm loving all the snow we have gotten this week. It makes me happy. Watching giant flakes falling from the sky perks me up on the dimmest days. The ugly brown grass is hidden by a blanket of pure bliss. My little cockapoo begs to play and bites at the flakes that float in front of her. It's a beautiful Saturday morning.
Yesterday morning, it was -19 when my husband got to work with a -32 windchill. He came home to 19 degrees and a nearly 40 degree swing. I spent most of the day sitting with my head in my hands and a massive migraine. It was nearly 70 degrees less than two weeks ago and we have one front after another coming through. We've both had constant headaches.
This has been the coldest winter we've ever experienced. It's been a bit crazy. We watch the temps back home and they are always 15-30 degrees warmer.
Since getting sick last year, it's a fight to stay warm. That's so unusual for me. I wore shorts until it was under 40 degrees. Now, I'm cold at 70 degrees with sweats, tshirt and hoodie. It continues to improve but doctors and nurses have said this maybe my new normal. My feet may not thaw until summer.
While I love the snow, I'm ready for spring. I'm excited for flowers and open windows, sitting on the deck and enjoying our Saturday evenings in the hot tub. I'm ready for walks down the road with the dogs.
I can't ever remember a time when I've been so ready for spring. I love winter, but am no longer a fan of the cold. I'll never be one of those people who whines about winter being too long, but I might join the masses who anxiously await springs arrival.

No comments:
Post a Comment