This has been a week. More than. More than the usual unnecessary business to avoid depression and loneliness.
We both started the week off with food poisoning. Not that you need much detail on that, but I will say that it took almost a week to shake off the effects of it.
Tuesday, I had to schedule my cancer check/biopsy. I know, I shouldn't let that bother me. My results last year showed unusual cells, but no cancer or precancerous cells. But things can change in a year. The biopsy is also incredibly painful.
We also made the trip to Cincinnati to the back surgeon for my husband. He will get an injection next month to see if we can avoid surgery. Good news! But the experience was awful. The office was disgusting. Dirty and smelled really bad. The AC was broke, so it was a sweltering 85 in the waiting room. The restroom was something like you'd find at a gas station with outdoor amenities. The staff was unpleasant and we never did see the doctor.
The next day went fairly smooth until I slammed my little finger in the sliding glass door. Accident prone me followed that up by breaking a toe on Thursday. Friday, I left a sweet orange hue on the car because it wasn't far enough away from the tray I was spray painting. Saturday brought more fun as hot grease splattered on my hands, leaving me with blisters.
And today. Holy crap, where do I start. It's Father's Day. There's not much good to say about that. It's like a dagger to the heart to see my brother praising my dad for being the best father ever. As I thought about this at church today, all I could think was that if given the opportunity to say anything to my dad, it would be....fuck you. Yea, I suppose I still have a touch of anger toward him. I don't understand how my brother and I can have such differing things to say to him.
Speaking of church, it was another miserable experience for me. It's not the church, it's the climate and me. I don't need to go into detail, but it's a struggle to find the motivation to keep going.
Immediately following church, we grabbed sandwiches from the local Subway. Enough points for a free lunch...score. Except the girl making mine did a terrible job and didn't close mine. When I opened the package, half my sandwich dumped out onto my shirt.
Seriously! Yes, I'm ranting! It's been a crappy week.

No comments:
Post a Comment