My head is full of it today...senseless dribble. For many people I know, that would indicate a loss of focus and frustrate them as they robotically tried to move from task A to task B. For me, it's a vacation. It's that much needed break from the seriousness of life, fretting over the psychologist appointment or numerous other things.
What's running through my head is that endless stream of questions in life that don't quite make sense no matter how long or hard you look at them. I'm not talking about why people park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. I'm taking a step much deeper than that.
When was the last time you saw a young man walking around with his pants down past his butt? Oh goodness, where to even start with this one. First of all, I have to admit that I am not one of those judgemental people of this act even though I don't care for the look. I am simply amazed by it. How in the world do these kids keep their pants on and walk? They do it with what looks like complete ease. I've never seen any of them struggle to keep their pants on or walking with a limp. Another thing I find amazing is that the cold winds that whip past their hineys don't bother them. I would love to see the day they figure out that it just wasn't that "cool" after all and they have just shown the entire town their underwear.
While I'm on the topic of children's styles, another fad that has stuck around far too long is the emo. Where is the world did this one start? Was some kid living in black everything and decided, dude I think I'll stay like this? I understand the depressed world of teenagedom. But guys painting their nails black and wearing eyeliner is outside my realm of understanding. I wonder if someone actually manufactures studded dog collars for young girls or it there's a bunch of dogs missing their collars. I would wonder about them living in darkness with deep depression. But most of the time, I see them in large groups laughing and having a good time. Am I the only one who wonders when this fad will be over? Walking through Wal-Mart on a Saturday night often feels like I'm stuck on the film set of Night of the Living Dead.
Ok ladies, have you ever wondered who started the shaving trend that has never stopped? Thinking back to my grandmas, I don't think it was a hugely popular trend back in the 1930s to 1950s. It seems that era may have missed it. They didn't fret over hairy legs or armpits. Sadly, one of my grandmas could grow a fuller mustache than my grandpa. But who decided this wasn't ok? My mindless musings lead me to the idea that it might just be one of these big companies who makes billions of dollars each year on shaving gels, creams, and lotions or the myriad of special razors created just for women but look just like my husband's Gillette razor. Just a disclaimer, I am in no way advocating that women including myself stop shaving.
Oh if the insanity of it all had just stopped there...
The genius mindset of those who run our country make rumbles about charging more for insuring an overweight person. I understand that being overweight causes increased health risks which could cost the insurance company more money. I wonder how people would be able to afford the higher insurance cost and the higher cost of healthy food. I think everyone would agree that an apple and handful of grapes is going to be much healthier for you than a can of fruit in heavy syrup. But the canned fruit is half the price of the fresh. Where do they plan to break the circle here? I'm not a politician, surely they see the problem here, right?
While I'm on the topic of politicians, why is the public so hard on them for doing stupid things? I do stupid things everyday. I'm not in a position of authority any more, but when I was, I still did stupid things. Now I didn't text pictures of body parts to people I didn't know, but I still did stupid things. For the scale of my life, they were pretty big in size. But why do you think we condemn them more than we condemn one another or even ourselves? I wonder if we do that because we idolize them or place unrealistic expectations of perfection on them.
That brings me to my final senseless thought of the day....(well maybe, depends on how long I stay awake)
Since I do believe God created all living creatures and dogs are living creatures, then my summation is that God created dogs. I wonder what He was thinking when he created little dogs who are low to the ground with long, white hair. As much as I love my little Shih Tzu, he is a full-blooded grunge factory. He rolls around in the grass and leaves like it's some kind of mud bath, tracking every bit of it in the house. Did I somehow misunderstand his lineage and he's a descendant of pigs? And let's get back to the long, white hair for a minute. He loves running through rain puddles. He turns green after the grass has been mowed. His little paws are brown all the time after running through the dew. Yes, he loves the mess a whole lot more than the shower. Why couldn't all little dogs be made in black or dark brown?
I suppose it's time to get back to reality and leave the dribble behind, but it was a nice break while it lasted.

No comments:
Post a Comment