Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It can always be worse...

Regardless of how bad things get for me, I never overlook the fact that things could always be worse.  However, I do find myself asking often how come they can't get better.

Adding insult to injury seems to be the theme of my life lately.  That's not the theme of some self-made, self-sustained pity party, but truth.

Time is running out on the bathtub.  As we discussed this last night, we had a couple other blows take us by surprise and give us a virtual kick in the gut.

I finally got our taxes done.  Nobody likes doing taxes, I know I'm not alone in that.  We do the cheapest possible filing, which just isn't cheap when you have a home and home business.  Thanks to Obama's fancy tax breaks to stimulate the economy last year, our usual minimal refund is no more.  I've never been so happy to just break even and not have to pay in to the IRS.  But it was a shock to learn we'd not have our usual refund.

We also learned that one of the income resources we depend on each month is not coming in for March and probably not for April with no promise of back pay.  Ouch!  That's a serious chunk of our livelihood.  A house payment and all utilities.  Ugh!

I went to bed last night reminding myself...this could always be worse.  This could always be worse.  This.  Could.  Always.  Be.  Worse.

At 7:30 this morning I woke up to a loud crash coming from the bathroom.  Tile falling off the wall and crashing to the bottom of the tub.  It was taunting me.  Those stinkin' tile continued to taunt me all through my shower.  Pop off, shove them back against the wall and repeat.

Oh my goodness!  I know it could be worse.  But maybe, just maybe, if the environmental stuff would get just a tiny bit better then maybe I would get a tiny bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment