Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter

As I tried to bite at my husband through the phone this morning, I could feel the anger coursing through me.  Yes, I was mad at him but he probably didn't quite deserve the nastiness that was spewing from me. 

Believe it or not, January to March is usually a break for me from the emotional highs and lows.  Easter is the beginning of a couple difficult months for me.   Easter, Birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day and various family summer holidays.

People are so quick to tell me to focus on Jesus during Easter.  Not so easy.  In fact, holidays like Easter are probably the most difficult time for me to do this.  Probably what I know better than most is that I've only got 5 years of Jesus being something good as compared to 32 years of Jesus being something bad.

Many, many, many years ago, I survived a punishment for going to church on Easter Sunday that could have easily been the death of me. 

I invite you to read the post I wrote last year. Easter Dress

I'll probably repost this every year until I am able to focus on Jesus throughout Easter instead of being thrown into flashbacks of that awful, dreadful ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment