Sunday, July 19, 2015

Happy Sunday

Ok, so it's not completely happy. All the things I've said before are still present. Sunday's are still hard days when the sadness peaks.

However, I have to acknowledge that this week was a better week. Several things have been different.

This is the first week in a long time that I've felt like I could stay here several years and be happy. That's a huge change and while it might be a fleeting thought, I'm happy to hang onto it for now.

This week, I found encouragement and friendship within a small, but oh so valuable and precious group of ladies.

There has been sunshine. I saw the sunrise and the sun was out more than not. We had some nasty storms, but they went away.

I spent time serving the church and the community. That's so important to me and gave me purpose. It was incredible to feel included in something.

Through social media, I've been reminded of how much better I feel this year. Last year at this time, I was in sweats and napping everyday with layers of blankets on 80 degree days. I'm happy that 85 degrees feels miserable to me this year.

While not gone, I've finally had multiple days in a row without major pain and spasms in my face, leftover from the BP.

My husband is feeling better. He believes his back is now 60-70% better. It's such a weight off our shoulders to have him starting to feel better.

I know there are people who pray for me. But this week, I have no doubt that there were people praying for me. A completely different week doesn't just happen without it. I'm thankful.

This is the first week in a long time that I'm looking forward to the week ahead. It's not that it's filled with plans. I have none. But I'm hopeful that some of the positivity from last week will carry over.

No comments:

Post a Comment