Last night, I went to bed feeling beat up both physically and emotionally. It was a culmination of several weeks in semi high emotion sitting right in my shoulders. I ached from scrubbing showers and floors. My feet and hands were still tight and sore when I woke up.
As I laid in bed, I had no desire or reason to get up. My allergies are kicking my tail and I was content to lay there stuffy and sore.
Then my phone wrang. It never rings. Nobody ever calls. Once in a while my husband calls or there is a church announcement. The young man next door needed a ride to work.
Our neighbors are great and they've helped us out so much. They've saved us so many times by helping out. Moving where you know nobody makes neighbors like this a gift. So, it was absolutely my pleasure to get up and take him. It's rare that we are able to ever repay the favors.
After the puppy and I dropped him off, I drove through the coffee shop and grabbed a latte. Score for me! Since the coffee shop is at the opposit end of town from where I usually go, I hadn't been in a long while. It was a treat indeed. A decaf banana split latte was definitely what I needed.
On the way home, I turned the radio on. For some reason the reception for KLove here has died. So, I was listening to Air1. I never listen to that station. Sadly, I rarely pay much attention to the people who call in with testimonies either.
Don't get me wrong, I love testimonies. They are just more powerful to me when the person is in front of me or someone I know.
Today must have been the exception to that.
The man was talking about how he never felt at home in his new wife's house with his step children. He felt like he didn't belong. So much so that he was planning to leave. Leave the home and walk away from his marriage. He said that God laid a message on his heart. Wherever I am and wherever you are is home.
I stopped listening at that point, but I'm sure he stayed.
My mind went to how I've been feeling lately. I've been praying God's will for our lives, but also that this would become home.
I'm not sure that the message today makes that clear. However, that was true. It doesn't matter where we live. We have God and have each other. Anyplace where we have those two things are and will always be home.

No comments:
Post a Comment