Lately, my anxieties have increased. I've noticed that when my regular daily routin is or is about to change or be interrupted, my anxiety increases.
Not that there aren't other things. Since getting Bell's palsy in January, I've have a list of residual issues. One of those is pain in and around my right ear. It's a little long in the recovery process, but I can't do anything about it. If I'd have chosen medical intervention and steroids, I might not have the issues. My right eye still twitches and I can tell my muscle tone is not normal.
Fall is the worst time for allergies for me. My allergies flare and then my sinuses are irritated. When that happens, my ears ache and I get pain down into my neck. It's the norm and has been for years.
Those swollen sinuses and Eustachian tubes are even more painful and pronounced now after the BP. The vertigo comes on fast and furious. The muscle spasms are hitting me hard at night.
It's all a bit anxiety provoking.
But those are probably minimal compared to routine changes.
We are getting ready for vacation. I should be excited and I am. But my anxiety spikes.
Vacation isn't for a few weeks, so I hope it will improve.
Because I recognize this pattern, I can deal with it now.
After communion at church today, it hit me that I don't really have to worry about this. I have the ability to pray about it daily. But it's more than that.
I know this, but it was a gentle reminder from the Holy Spirit. There's nothing that's going to happen that God doesn't already know. He knows.
Even better....no matter what happens, my place is secure in heaven.
As much as I want to be here on earth and live my life and love my husband, I don't have to worry. When that time is over, my eternal life begins.
It was just a good gift to be reminded that worrying about the day I will die is stealing the days I can live.
Oh Lord, I need that reminder often!

No comments:
Post a Comment