Going into this fall, we will pass several milestones. Our first year of being free of our KC house. A year since grieving. A year of increasing health. A year of really settling.
We were probably into this summer before things finally began to feel different, like this was home. That changes the perspective of everything. We had a year of living conflicted and heartsick. Now that those hurts have healed, we are experiencing things for the first time. We are living in the moment.
Last year, I decorated for fall. It took me three days to clean and swap out decor. I had no energy and my heart wasn't in it. This year, it's taken a couple hours and it's made my heart so happy.
I'm ready for the change of season. I'm ready to experience the Ohio fall when I can soak it in and enjoy it's intricacies. It'll be my first Ohio fall where I can see it with fresh eyes and a heart of thanksgiving.
Not that I would have chosen how last year went. Up until then, the seasons changed and I rarely got so excited or felt as though I was experiencing it for the first time. Missing a year of changing seasons has given me a new perspective.
Even though it's only September 1st, I'm ready for this next season. I'm ready for the smells of fall, changing leaves, pumpkin everything and the sounds of harvest time as I enjoy the cool breeze on the deck.
I'm thankful to be in this place in life at this time. I hope it stays for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment