Monday, September 14, 2015

Two Months

As of yesterday, it's been two solid months since I jumped into this healthier living journey. In so many ways, I can't believe it's been that long and at times it feels like a year long journey.  

I never thought I'd stick with it through two months. There were times I really felt like giving up, but I didn't. 

There have been plenty of days when I didn't get much exercise. Either the weather or my motivation didn't cooperate. However, I have stuck with my goal of walking at least 4-5 days a week. I may have had one week where I only got three days. 

There have been plenty of days when there was no diet plan and I blew it completely. I usually give myself one day on the weekend to eat without tracking calories. What I've found with calorie tracking is that eating wasn't really my biggest problem. On a typical day, I was probably not going over 1500-1800 calories. That's not a lot to start with for someone my size. The difference is definitely in the exercise and probably be more aware of what is going into my body. 

One thing I keep expecting, but hasn't happened yet is having a weight gain for my weekly weigh in. I know it'll eventually happen. I've expected it the past two weeks as I haven't been as diligent or motivated. 

I've been fighting that motivation thing. That's a hard one. I've not been sleeping well, so I've slacked off. Then I don't sleep well cause I've not been active. It's a vicious cycle. I've also not had the level of encouragement I had at the beginning. I can't say enough about how much that helped keep me going in the beginning. Having cheerleaders and encouragers was such an important part of the success. It's still important, but life and seasons change. 

So, here it is. My update for what I've lost the past two months. You don't have the weekly average, but it's about 2 lbs and 1/2-1" per week. 

Weight -32 lbs
Hips -6"
Waist -9"
Chest -9"
Shoulder -11"
Arm -4"
Thigh -7"

My clothes have finally started to be too big and I fit comfortably into all the size smaller clothes I bought last fall. Now if it will just get cool enough to wear them. 

Probably my only disappointment is that I don't see that much change. The weight is coming off all over. Even my socks fit differently. I put on a pair of knee socks yesterday that wouldn't go above my knee in the spring and now they go about three inches above. I have shirts that have never fit in the arms and now they do. I've never lost weight all over like this. 

Bare with my craziness for a second. There's been a fleeting thought for me with continued loss. Of course I want to continue. At my current average, I could lose another 32 lbs by years end. That would be awesome and I want that. But, a few more weeks of this continued pace and I'm not going to have any clothes that fit me. 

That's a wonderful problem to have, right? Of course, it means I have less fat and am far healthier. Here's the reality. I'm going to have to buy new bras, undies, pants and shirts for winter. I'll wear my hoodies until they fall off. But everything else won't fit soon. We don't have that kind of extra cash. 

I've started looking at second hand and sale sites, but have only found summer clothes in what I need.  I'm obviously not in desperate mode yet, so I've tried not to think about it. But how can I not? I'm already needing new pjs. Even Walmart pjs are expensive. I don't work, no income. So, it's crossed my mind to stop and call it good. That would be the cheapest decision, but I know the wrong one for my long term health. 


No comments:

Post a Comment