Monday, July 16, 2012

Different Kind of Countdown

Usually I am anxiously counting down to a terrible time.  I stress, have anxiety and dread the day which is approaching, for whatever reason. 

This is a bit of a different countdown.  It has all the stress and anxiety, but all for a day I've waited on for so long now. 

I have only three days until my niece and nephew get here for nearly a week.  It's super exciting!

It has been a long time since I felt so anxious about anything though.  Of course all the reasons I mentioned in a previous post cause me anxiety, but those mostly fall all on me.  The things making me most anxious right now are the things I cannot control, the environmental, circumstantial things.

I almost feel as though I am being attacked on every side.  I feel like there is some force bigger than I which is creating blows that will keep me from enjoying this time.

Last week was a real witch.  I don't even care to go into but I had about 10 days of tough, tough times.  It really side tracked me from focusing on the fun times ahead.

This weekend, our air conditioner stopped working correctly.  After hundreds of dollars and three technicians, it is fixed.  The unexpected financial burden paired with the stress of heat and multiple repairmen made me totally lose focus.  I was so wrapped up in that, I forgot that I only have three short days left.

I got stressed over little things, such as the house being clean or paint chipping or the car being vacuumed or the dogs being bathed.  So many times I was overwhelmed by things that won't matter to an 11 and 12 year old that I almost forgot to follow through with plans.

There are three days left, well....2 days and 15 hours.  I'm sure I will stress about a whole lot more before then.  But I hope the minute those two kids walk through the door, all of the stress and anxiety will fade away and I will be able to enjoy every single second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment