I've never lived in a farming community. Never lived in the country. So this season is all new to me.
Yes, it's fall but it's harvest time.
Things are different.
Right now the farmers are harvesting soybeans and corn.
Keep in mind that I am getting an education. My husband had to explain why the crops had to "die" before they were ready.
I'm fascinated by all of this. In fact, I've patiently waited for the fields to be filled with combines and tractors.
We have fields behind our house and in every direction from our house.
I often drive through our one stoplight town going on errands or to the library. On a normal day, I might see 1, maybe 2 cars, on the road. Right now, it's busy. Semis, farm equipment, it's everywhere.
Everyone either has farming in their family or knows someone who does.
It's a time of concentrated busyness and excitement as I hear people talk about it.
For me, it's a time to reflect on growth. It's a time to consider my community and pray for them. It's a time to appreciate farmers who are taken for granted as they are the practical means to so many of our basic products.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be where I am at right now and my ever growing perspective on life and living.

No comments:
Post a Comment