Sunday, October 12, 2014

What's next?

So, are you wondering what might possibly be next?

Let me share with you the verse that has been in my heart, on my mind and at my fingertips for almost a year.

I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you. Joel 2:25


It's the first part. I will restore to you...

I wasn't sure what that would like. So, I prayed. I prayed and fasted and meditated. 

The answer was coming, but I was ignoring it. It came in the form of more scripture. 

But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

I fought that. Ignored it. Knew I was totally inadequate. 

But the Lord didn't let me. 

See, I've been given many gifts and talents. I've also been entrusted with a past and life that is ripe with the glory of God. 

It soon became clear to me that I had one choice. Use it to glorify God. 

I prayed and prayed more. 

Let me tell you that after 6 solid years of counseling, you don't sit around and think that you could ever do what that person does. You don't believe for a second that you have it in you to walk through the darkest puts with anyone. 

And maybe some people don't. 

I believe I do. I. Fact, it doesn't feel like a choice. It is a calling. God has made it very clear. I am to use what I've learned and what I've lived to glorify Him by walking with people. 

So what does that mean?  

That means with a lot of prayer, we've decided to pursue a biblical counseling degree for me. 

We aren't sure exactly what school, but the plan is to move forward for the next semester. 

It looks like I'll be in school about two years. 

We know this is a commitment. We know we will only be able to pay about half of each semester and will have to incur some loans. 

We also know that I do not feel called to go into any secular office and make any money off this. We are prepared for this to be a training to help those who need it the most and have the least resources. 

Hopefully over the next month I can nail down a program and make some final decision. 

I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm ready to make sacrifices so that God can use me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment