Finally, we have some nice weather. It's not going to last long, since the forecast is cooler and rainy. That's the birthday forecast. Cold and rainy.
We spent most of the day outside. In fact, I got a bit of a sunburn on my pale white cheeks. It was nice to be outside.
Not only did we inherit a mess inside our house, the landscape was hideous. There are literally flowers tossed here and there and nothing makes sense. It was messy. Weeds and crap everywhere. I dug up so many broken yard ornaments.
The people before us were just awful and definitely had no clue about landscaping. They covered the beds with trash bags and put mulch over the top. Crazy.
It's not done but it's starting to look better. I already know our simple cleaning and improvements are making huge improvements for resale, not that we have immediate plans for that.
It was nearly 80 degrees today and I was almost miserable. And I was super excited about that. No, I'm not crazy. I'm actually very normal.
In spring and early summer, we couldn't afford to do anything. So, this is the first chance we are getting to really invest a little money in this. I'm excited about that. It speaks to how things have changed in positive ways.
There's something more exciting. Last summer and clear through the beginning of winter, I was really sick. I had no energy and never felt like working in the yard. As much as I love mowing, riding on the mower left me in a lot of pain. I'm so glad to not have that problem now.
Because my hemoglobin was so low, I spent a lot of that time freezing. I wore sweatshirts most of last summer. If it was 90 degrees, I at least had on long sleeves. I was painfully cold all the time. I couldn't ever get warm. It was awesome to be in a tshirt, capris and flip flops and be sweating. No kidding. I was nearly giddy. It's a sign my blood levels are back where they should be and I am healthier.
During that time, my eyes and skin were so sensative. A little wind or sun and my face hurt for days. My cheeks and neck are a little sunburnt, but it'll be over by tomorrow. I'm so glad.
Even through our really nice days are gone for at least the next ten days, it was refreshing to have the past two days. It was a great way to kick off spring and head into the next week. Having things done, getting some vitamin D, I think we both needed it.

No comments:
Post a Comment