Friday, December 26, 2014

Finally Here

Today is the day. A day that I've been praying about since we left KC. 

We bought plane tickets for my niece and nephew this summer and they didn't come. I was devastated because I thought that's what I needed at the time. 

In fact, God's plan is always infinitely better. 

My nephew fell. He ended up being fine, but had to stay at home for tests. I was sick and ended up at the hospital that week. It was bad timing. 

The best pet of the failed trip, it allowed for this trip and all of them coming to Ohio. 

I'm so incredibly anxious. Not for the typical reasons. I'm worried that I won't have the stamina. 

This is their vacation and they will want to go. 

I'm low key and enjoy relaxing. We had a family visit in August and I thought I was going to implode. We went non stop. Each day was packed with activities and tons of walking. I wore a pedometer. We walked 10 miles a day. Slow, painful walking through crowds and museums. When they left, I felt crippled. 

I can't help but be concerned about that. It's not that I'm unfit. It's that mentally, I don't go at that pace any more. 

Since we have an entire week, hopefully it will be fine and we can have downtime. 

I also worry about keeping them happy. I know that's a common problem for anyone having guests. It always is for me. I work so hard to make sure everyone else is happy that I forget to enjoy myself. 

This trip has taken a lot of prayer, planning and patience. I know with the same, the next week will be wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment