Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tattoo Freak

I saw something last weekend that still has me scratching my head. It was a young man with "FREAK" tattooed on his forehead.

Now, I'm not one of those people who judge other people with tattoos. I don't really care what people do to their bodies. This one puzzled me.

Even though I have one, I don't have an infinite love for them. I have one. It was very well thought out. It's very detail and very big. You also wouldn't know it unless I told you because it's in a very discreet place.

When I got it, I knew what I wanted. That's what I got. It was something that caused a huge fight between my husband and I. He was against and still hates it. The timing was a little bit or maybe a lot a statement of independence. I wasn't going to let him stop me.

You can read my original post about it Here.

So I know that even the people who have the most influence over you can't stop you when you want something.

I can't hardly wrap my head around this. It's not the first one I've seen.

You have freak on your forehead. That's going to make for interesting wedding photos or prentice teacher conferences. How do you disciple your kid or discourage them from tattooing their bodies with a forhead tattoo?

Even if you tried to remove it, there would still be an outline scar.

Even though I've been scratching my head over this, it has reminded me of something incredibly valuable.

Each one of us someone's son or daughter; brother or sister; aunt or uncle; mother or father. We each are intricately woven together in unique ways. All of us have our own unique experiences that alter how we act and react.

A mark on our skin, it changes none of those things.

Our natural human instinct maybe to judge that person or any person with a tattoo. We maybe inclined to think they are stupid or project on them the many regrets they must be facing someday.

The reminder in this for me is that I must embrace the uniqueness of each person. Despite what I may think, each person is worthy of love and I must respect what has made them who they are.

It sounds easy to do. Most people can offer general decency to others. It's not so easy when you've already developed an opinion or judgment of others or a type of person.

I have to continue to pray that the Lord would soften my heart and give me the eyes to see people as He sees them. A heart to love them. A motivation to show that love. Even to a freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment