Sunday, December 28, 2014

Under My Roof

They finally made it. Something I've prayed about and planned for since we moved has finally happened. My brother and his family are all here. Right this minute, they are sleeping after a long day of travel.

The flights went well. My niece did ok. They had a delay in Minnesota because the plane had to be de-iced.

We ate at Youngs Jersey Dairy. That place is good home cooking. Then we made the trek to our house. My family was quite surprised by how hilly the land was, how rural the area was and how comfortable we are in the country.

We got them here and they rested. The early morning flight and time change was effecting them all.

I had a crockpot of chili and a variety of desserts. I'm a feeder. There's an odd sense of satisfaction to have my family in my home and feeding them. It's wonderful!

I'm doing my best to live in the moment and not dwell on things. We hit some uncomfortable family conversation, so I quickly diverted us.

We have a few crazy days coming up.

Saturday, we are headed to Amish country. Sunday, I am praying we are all headed to church. We will head to Dayton to the Air Force Museum and Clifton Mill afterward. Monday, we are driving to the Rock N Roll HOF, staying the night in Canton and going to the Football HOF.

I don't want to think past that because we will be in the last half of their stay.

While I'm exhausted, I'm happy. I love these people and I love having them here. i just saw them briefly at Thanksgiving, but this is different. Don't tell anyone, but I might have wiped away happy tears the second I saw them walking toward me at the terminal.

This is my family. My only blood relatives that are in my life. I've fought hard to have healthy relationships with them and it's still a work in progress. Patience, prayer, forgiveness and love have won this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment