Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No A for Me!

I feel completely lost. I suppose trying to go back to school after a 16 year hiatus will do that to you.

I've never taken online classes. I consider myself somewhat techie. Most of the time I can accomplish more than the average person when it comes to computers and I usually pick up things quick.

These online formats...kicking my butt. Modules, forums, discussion boards, papers, rubrics, quiz, tests, calendars, etc. there's so much to keep straight.

So that I don't feel behind, I'm trying to get things done quickly this first week. Let me tell you, they don't offer any grace the first week at all.

After several of my assignments were completed, I received emails from two teachers. One was a group email explaining the assignments in more detail. Hello? Wouldn't that info be good to have before the class started? I can't imagine how people with less familiarity ever succeed.

And as far as succeeding goes, I'm certain they set you up to fail. I found out Monday that a teacher had changed books. Then so many of the questions and homework in these basic classes pertains to things that are not basic.

One class expected students within two days to theorize aggressive behavior after playing video games. What the hell? Really? I'm at a Christian school. My theory was that violent video games feed into sin. Evidently, my theory was wrong. Why? I can't prove it has anything to do with sin because the bible does not clearly cover video games. What the double hell?

Another class wanted us to write why we support a concept in counseling where the counselor is capable of curing the patient. Well I don't support that concept. As I stated, I believe God is the only one who can cure anyone. The counselor can be the hands and feet, but have no power to anyone of by their own strength. Fail! My OPINION was completely off base. Like hell it was!!!!

I chose a Christian school so I wouldn't have to compromise my beliefs to learn. That's already happening. I know what I believe from the bible to be absolutely true. So, I have to find a way to compromise what I believe but still give these people what they want.

My OCD, type A personality tells me that I'm a failure if I don't have a 4.0. Two days in...screw that!!! I just want to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment