Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Start of a Journey

Here it is, the start of classes.

The next 16 months of my life will be dedicated to getting my degree in Christian Counseling.

I am scared.

Despite my previous thoughts, I did not drop my classes. It's taken a lot of prayer and a lot of encouragement, but the right thing to do was to move forward.

A wise woman has taught me that the Lord will supply me with everything I need to accomplish what He has called me to do. Since this wasn't my idea and something I very much feel called to do, I also have to believe He will take care of me through this.

The past few weeks have unraveled me emotionally. I know that I am facing two surgeries, with one coming in the next couple months. There will be vacations and trips back to Kansas that have to be made. There will be power outages and slow internet connections. There will be other priorities and church commitments.

It was with faith I made this decision and it is by faith I will go forward.

There is an excitement to know the end goal is only a short distance away. There's so much fear. Fear of failure, fear of time management, fear of imbalance.

While the end is already in sight, the commitment is far greater. It is a financial commitment which will take some time to payoff. I have no intention to go into a paying job once I finish, but we will be bound to the student loan for quite sometime.

At $400 per credit hour, we could not have paid for an entire semester plus books. We hate having debt. It will take sacrifice, but we hope to be paying 100% by the last two semesters.

I'm ready but I'm not.

I'm holding on to what I know. He will give me everything I need to do what He's called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment